Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012! The Meal Planning Begins!

Happy 2012!  I can't believe the holidays went by so quickly!  I was really enjoying and getting used to starting the morning (read: 11am when I got out of bed) with bailey's in the coffee and nothing to do but kick zombie butt in video games for the afternoon. 
Sigh.  Life must go on though. 
Thanks to all the foodies on Pinterest (and my complete disinterest in dealing with CH asking me what we're having for supper at 6:30 in the morning when clearly I'm not a morning person and haven't even decided what undies I'm going to wear for the day let alone what I want to eat in 12 hours...) I've decided to jump on the meal planning bandwagon. 

So I have planned the next 2 weeks.  (Ok...we started on a Wednesday, so I guess the next week and a half if you want to be all fussy about it).

I found inspiration at this great website Meal Planning 101 - her recipes are so yummy looking!  And last night we tried the Grilled Asian Beef Kebabs.  BIG. HIT.

They were so delish! 

While CH was being the grill master, I put together snacks and breakfasts.  I made homemade granola bars, and slowcooker oatmeal!  These are so fun to make because they were SUPER easy and can be customized to your own tastebuds!  They also turned out really yummy!  I may or may not have eaten a couple spoonfuls of the granolar bars pre-baking time...yum yum yum  I love honey!

Tonight is Japanese Noodle Soup. 

I'll keep you posted!  (And will try to remember to take pictures!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment